] Around Columbia: Winter Wonderland: Snow Storm Hits Columbia

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter Wonderland: Snow Storm Hits Columbia

I decided to document the snow storm and take some pictures of what it was like today starting first thing in the morning looking out my windows.

Here is the view outside from my home office window.


Looking out from the dinning room.



View from one of the windows in the living room.  Note the desolate bird feeders and the trash waiting to get picked up.  They canceled trash pickup for Friday in anticipation of the cold weather.  


So far it was not actually that cold - yet. That would change in a few hours.

Lior and I had just left WalMart and the temperature dropped at least five degrees while we were inside.  This is what it looked like at Lowes.



This is Shepherd Elementary before they cleared the drive.


Later on I went to Columbia College to get ready for classes next week.

This picture is at the Stephens College campus on my way to the Columbia College Campus.



Here are pictures going onto the campus:















These are heading back out to my trusty van.






The two girls are enjoying their two days off and the roads have not been that bad after the initial treacherous conditions we had when the storm first hit. My only complaint?  Why couldn't that have waited until next week when we ALL could have benefited from the heavy snow?  I was already off.

No comments: