] Around Columbia: Columbia Senior Center

Friday, October 8, 2010

Columbia Senior Center

On Sunday my parents call and want us to meet them for lunch at the Senior Center located on Business Loop 70.  So, we packed up and went.



My parents.


Dad and Rachel.



The dining facility.

The entry way and reception area.

To the left the library and straight ahead the poolroom.

The library

Newsletter
 I really want to get involved in working with older people on computer issues and teaching them how to  use this wonderful resource.  My mom really wants to do Facebook since she hears everyone talking about it and knows  it is a major way that people now keep in touch.  I think she would like it but they only have dial-up which is a huge problem out in the rural areas where the classic problem of the "last mile" makes access for people on the fringes uneconomical for the providers.
Two computers with high speed access - the center also now has wifi.
 Realtor legend Jake Jacobs spends a good deal of time at the senior center.  I cannot remember a time in the last three years when I went there and Jake was not there.  Jake is very involved with the center and  has been for some time.
Jake Jacobs

No comments: