] Around Columbia: Rachel Miller - Child Holocaust Survivor

Friday, November 13, 2009

Rachel Miller - Child Holocaust Survivor

This is an older story which I did not run because I could not find the photographs. I have nearly thirty thousand digital images and sometimes the pictures get lost.  At any rate,  I apologize for the delay, but it does not diminish the poignancy of the message which was delivered on April 24th of this year. 

Rachel Miller came to share her story as a childhood holocaust survivor speaking at a very full house at the local Hillel center.  We even ran out of chairs!  It was a fascinating, and very different, story than those I have heard before.  I took my youngest daughter, another Rachel, and it was amazing the affinity, and even physical resemblance, that those two had.

Rachel Miller and my own Rachel

Rachel Miller addressing the audience.
 
 The presentation in progress.
 
A view of the crowd in the full building.
 


Here is an excellent video that KETC, in St. Louis, ran about her story.  God bless you Rachel Miller and thanks for sharing your story:


1 comment:

Mekan said...

She just spoke at our campus to a standing room only auditorium. Asked if she sees the world able to repeat history she stated that it already is looking at the Mid-East and Africa.